Cape Grace is a newly refashioned luxury hotel, which delivers all the creature comforts you'd expect from world class luxury accommodation and lots of little extras too. Proudly situated in the iconic centre of Cape Town's Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, on a private quay - Cape Town's most popular shopping and tourist attractions are all easily within reach.
Providing a tantalizing experience that melds modern luxury with traditional Cape culture, each of the 120 individually custom-decorated guest rooms and suites brings the charm of Cape Town to life. Allow the comfortable elegance and sparkling service excellence to cocoon you with genuine warmth, making your arrival at Cape Grace, an occasion in itself.
Honeymoons/Anniversaries: Celebrate your honeymoon or anniversary at Cape Grace for a minimum 3 nights stay and receive...
- Free arrival transfer in a luxury BMW
- Sparkling wine and home-made chocolates in your room on arrival
- Your choice of a romantic dinner or a couple's massage at The Spa
- A special turndown gift nightly
- Applicable to ALL room categories for stays completed before December 22nd
Family Special: Families of 4 (children under 16) that stay 3 consecutive nights or more receive the following special services...
- In-room dining vouchers (a 700ZAR value) for a family night in with popcorn and DVDs
- 4 hours complimentary babysitting
- Special childrens activities (African story time, gingerbread decorating)
- Complimentary welcome gifts for the children upon arrival
- Special bed and bath accessories just for your little ones to enjoy at the hotel.
- Applicable to ALL room categories in accord with the child sharing policy for stays completed before December 22nd.
Physical Location of Cape Grace:
Cape Grace is situated on a private quay in the renowned Victoria & Alfred Water front, close to the heart of Cape Town. Surrounded by water on three sides, Cape Grace is renowned for both its ideal location and equally-valued privacy.
- 32 kilometres / 20 Miles from Cape Town International Airport;
- 2 kilometres / 1 Mile from the city centre’ s arts, crafts, cuisine and night life;
- 8 kilometres / 5 Miles from the sandy white beaches of Clifton & Camps Bay;
- Within walking distance of the shops, restaurants, crafts and entertainment of the Victoria and Alfred Water front.
- Only a short distance from the foot of Table Mountain, Cape Grace is a prime starting point for touring the Cape Peninsula or world famous Winelands.
Each room is custom-designed with unique and refreshing décor to reflect the beauty, charm and understated elegance that Cape Grace is famous for. It's the talent of today's local people that brings to life the characters of the Cape's past, making the recently completed refashioning of Cape Grace an incredibly warm and delightful story of humanity.
Each room remembers the dedicated local artisans and small businesses that helped evolve the look and feel of Cape Grace with exclusive hand painted fabrics and custom made metal, glass and leather items, whilst remembering the past with original antiques and artifacts from yesteryear.
Cape Grace offers the following types of accommodation:
- Three Bedroom Suite
- Two Bedroom Suite
- One Bedroom Suite
- Rooftop Terrace
- Rooftop Luxury
- Table Mountain Luxury
- Complimentary WiFI and internet access
- IPod docking stations in all rooms/ X-Box 360s in Suites and Penthouses
- Private room safe
- Flat-screen, high definition TV, satellite television channels and selected radio stations
- International plug points and fax / Internet modem lines
- Fully stocked private bar and deli
- Tea and Coffee making facilities
- Air-conditioned rooms
- French windows with views of the yacht marina or the working harbour
- Fresh flowers and personally selected books
- Separate bath, shower and toilet
- Elegant marble bathrooms with luxurious Charlotte Rhys toiletries (range exclusively to Cape Grace)
Absolute privacy, sumptuous luxury and spectacular views seduce all who stay in either of the two Penthouse Suites, where lavish details abound at every turn. From a luggage unpacking service to a complimentary full mini bar as well as personalised meal planning with the hotel's Executive Chef, no stone is left unturned to provide the ultimate hotel experience for our Penthouse Suite guests.
Each of the Penthouses consists of a spacious room with generous lounge and dining areas and a walk-in closet, while the large top floor terrace ensures breathtaking views of the Waterfront and the city. A private Jacuzzi and outdoor dining area on the terrace creates the perfect setting for romantic dinners for two. Ideal for honeymoon couples or those wishing to indulge in an utterly unforgettable experience, you're bound to leave feeling on top of the world.
Three Bedroom Suite
A 3 Bedroom Suite is the ideal choice for families or small groups travelling together. These generously sized suites feature three en-suite bedrooms, a separate kitchen with a separate living area and dining facilities as well as a substantial balcony for keeping an eye on the yacht marina and Waterfront happenings.
A complimentary picnic basket voucher gives guests a chance to explore their surrounds in true Cape Grace style.
Two Bedroom Suite
The 2 Bedroom Suites epitomise luxurious home-from-home comforts and are ideal for families or friends travelling together. These spacious suites feature two private en-suite bedrooms and a sizeable balcony, including a fully equipped kitchen, separate lounge and dining area as well as a CD player and DVD machine - ensuring a comfortable stay for those wishing to make the most of their in-room downtime. A complimentary picnic basket voucher gives guests a chance to explore their surrounds in true Cape Grace style.
One Bedroom Suite
The 1 Bedroom Suite has it all. Unique room details include a separate lounge and dining area as well as a CD player and DVD machine for in-room entertainment. These spacious suites open out onto generously sized balconies overlooking Signal Hill and Table Mountain - the perfect setting for a private dining experience.
1 Bedroom Suite guests also receive a complimentary gourmet picnic basket voucher.
With breathtaking views of the V&A Waterfront, yacht marina or Table Mountain, these top floor rooms feature French doors that open onto spacious step-out balconies for making the most of the beautiful surrounds, while the room itself has a generous living area as well as a separate dressing area.
A true 'room with a view', Rooftop Luxury rooms are loft-like spaces with the added luxury of a rooftop breakfast patio from which to appreciate the sights and sounds of the Waterfront harbour, the yacht marina or Table Mountain. For added comfort, each Rooftop Luxury room also has a separate dressing room and an intimate reading area, complete with a selection of books.
Superior rooms are spacious rooms with the added luxury of a generous step-out balcony from which to enjoy the sights and sounds of the Waterfront and parts of the city. The generous room size makes a Superior room ideal for families, with a foldaway sofa providing a comfortable bed for a child to sleep in.
Our Luxury rooms are conveniently situated on the ground, 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors of the hotel and offer warmth and elegant style.
Luxury rooms can also be booked with inter-leading doors - ideal for families. As with every Cape Grace room, Luxury rooms feature French doors that reveal scenic views of passing yachts and Cape Town's working harbour.
Table Mountain Luxury
Table Mountain Luxury rooms boast glorious views of the iconic Table Mountain, Signal Hill and the international yacht marina, offering warmth and elegant style with personalised details such as an intimate reading area complete with guest's own book and newspaper selection. Ideally suited for families as inter-leading rooms are available.
- Multi-lingual reception staff
- 24-hour room service
- Full concierge service
- Boardroom (seats 14 people)
- 15-metre outdoor heated swimming pool and terrace
- Twice-daily housekeeping service
- DVD selection available on request
- Overnight shoe shine
- Valet and pressing service
- Children of all ages are welcome with special kiddies turndown, gingerbread decorating and African story time available
- Daily local & international newspapers.
- Luxury transfer service within a 20km/ 12 mile radius, subject to availability
- Day-use facilities for early arrivals and late departures
- Communication Centre with 24-hour complimentary Internet access
- Private guest library/ lounge
- Complimentary Wi-Fi connectivity in all rooms and public areas
- Daily local and international newspapers
- Daily Cape orientation and wine tasting
- Undercover and surface parking
- Complimentary access and transfers to a local gym.
The Spa at Grace Cape
The Spa at Cape Grace invites guests to indulge in a number of pampering treatments designed to relax and rejuvenate. Superb facilities set in stylish surrounds are complimented by highly skilled staff and a menu of innovative treatments inspired by the African continent to ensure clients leave with their wellbeing restored.
Sweeping views of Table Mountain, the city and the yacht marina add another impressive element to the sensory experience.
Whether a weary business executive in need of stress relief or a leisure traveller wishing to enhance their holiday experience, the magnificently situated top floor spa is a welcome and restful retreat. Any one of the African-inspired treatments that use locally harvested products and ancient methods are undoubtedly a superb way to make the most of your Cape Grace stay.
This formal yet intimate venue, accommodating up to 14 people, provides for all business requirements in comfort. The outside terrace, overlooking the yacht basin with Table Mountain behind, provides a perfect retreat from a busy agenda and private dining is easily catered for.
- Secretarial service
- Photocopying, printing and faxing services are charged at hotel rates
- Hotel safe
- Express delivery and courier services
- Cell phone hire
- Car rental
- Complimentary citywide transfers
- Fax / modem lines
You will find the Communication Centre centrally located on the ground floor, close to the main public areas.
- Six PC's with flat screen monitors linked to a combined printer, fax machine, scanner, photocopier and colour printer - internet access from these PC's is complimentary.
- A television broadcasting news channels
- A desk with international power sockets
- Complimentary wireless Internet access (1,024k international access). For non-residence, prepaid cards are available for purchase from the Cashiers Desk - The charge is ZAR 50 for 1 hour and ZAR 100 for 24 hours.
- Photocopying, printing and faxing services are charged at hotel rates.
The Communication Centre contains a private Meeting Room which can accommodate small meetings for up to 6 people.
- LG Flatron Plasma television
- Console with computer connection to LG Plasma screen and power points, as well as wireless and cable broadband connectivity (1,024k international access)
Teleconferencing facilities are available on request in the Meeting Room or the Boardroom at an additional charge. This facility needs to be booked and confirmed in advance of the event.
- On arrival, children will be presented with a Cape Grace welcome gift.
- Either story time or an exciting gingerbread man decorating activity will take place every evening at 18:00.
- A selection of children's DVD's, game consoles, books and board games are available on request at no additional charge
- Disney Channel and Animal Planet TV Channel
Explore the city with absolute peace of mind. The experienced and professional babysitters and childminders will look after your children with the utmost care.
- Children are treated to the chef's specially created menu in Signal restaurant
- High chairs are available if required.
Emergencies by their very nature are unpredictable and we understand that, which is why we are available at any time to assist you in any way we can.
- Disposable nappies
- 24-hour doctor on call
- Foldaway beds and pullout sofas available
- Cots available
- Car seats
- Toilet step and seat
- Swimming aids
- Baby monitors
- Socket covers
Specially designed Luxury rooms are conveniently situated on the ground floor and are carefully laid out with plenty of room for manoeuvring. These special rooms also have a full range of assisted disabled facilities to ensure a luxuriously comfortable stay.
Guest room features
- Roll-in shower
- Grab bars around the bath and toilet
- Bathtub ramp, transfer boards and seat, available on request
- Shower seat, available on request
- Ramp access to the balcony, available on request
- Emergency plugs for respirators, breathing apparatus, etc... on a dedicated generator system
Public area features
- Ramp leading up to Reception from the porte cochère
- Wheelchair access to the ground floor public areas, including Signal Restaurant, the library and pool deck
- Public restroom on the ground floor
- Allocated parking bays
- Curb cut-outs.
Food & Beverages
Creative Cape Cuisine that is fresh & innovative
*Recently voted Best Deluxe Restaurant at the V&A Restaurant Awards, August 2009
Led by Executive Chef, Malika van Reenen, Signal Restaurant draws on influences from the many cultures and nations that have called upon this region during its history, namely French Huguenots, British settlers as well as Dutch and Asian traders. The menu will connect you with local farmer's offerings and the very best combinations of the Cape's heritage and present tastes. From lentil & butternut bobotie, to seared duck breast on herbed goat's cheese gnocchi, every dish has been carefully considered to deliver gastronomical excellence.
Feast for the Senses provide ultimate delight!
Indulge the senses in the recently launched gastronomy offering – The Sugar Buffet. Executive Chef Malika Van Reenen has extended her creativity to the Cape Grace library where guests can enjoy an abundance of deliciously mouth-watering sweet treats.
Tuck into the Sugar Buffet, a delectable feast for the eyes that is sure to send taste buds into overdrive. Think cherry-red toffee apples, meringues as light as gossamer, pistachio-laced chocolate fudge, coconut-covered lamingtons and candy stripe sweets!
Bascule Whisky, Wine & Coctail Bar
A slice of Cape Town's social energy.
*Recently voted Best Pub Style at the V&A Restaurant Awards, August 2009
On the water's edge of the international yacht marina on Cape Town's Waterfront, Bascule whisky, wine & cocktail bar is the perfect setting to take in the sights and sounds of the busy Waterfront surrounds. There are over 400 whiskies from around the world and an impressive selection of the finest Cape wines on offer, by day or by night.
By day Bascule is a lively and vibrant destination, the ideal place to enjoy breakfast, a cappuccino or light lunch. By night, the space is transformed into a glamorous Whisky, Wine and Cocktail Bar, where whisky connoisseurs and social butterflies gather in equal measure to enjoy a slice of Cape Town's social energy.
Check-in / Check-out Policy
Check-in: from 12:00 h
Check-out: until 10:00 h