The 5* Elounda Mare Hotel overlooks Mirabello Bay on the north coast of the island of Crete, in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Since 1988 it has been a member of the international Relais & Chateaux hotel group.
Exuding sophistication and exclusivity, the Elounda Mare Hotel has an unparalleled reputation in Greece for its attentive and personalised service. With its award-winning restaurants, comprehensive leisure facilities and exquisite design, it is the ideal choice for the discerning traveller seeking a relaxing holiday in a serene and intimate setting.
Elounda Mare is a delight of traditional Cretan architecture and interior design. The typical whitewashed surfaces bind harmoniously with the brown and grey rock walls and the local carob and olive trees. The decoration is exclusively antique pieces of folk art: carpets, chests, tapestries, mantelpieces, and fine Cretan marble throughout the halls and salons.
The main building lounges are centered around the Karavia Bar. The Hotel has been awarded the European Blue Flag for the past 9 consecutive years in recognition of the continuous efforts to maintain the environment in pristine condition, for efficient water management and wastewater treatment, and for the participation in the rising of environmental awareness among staff and the local schoolchildren.
Near the children's pool is a playroom and table tennis, whereas baby-sitting services are available for the younger ones. Near the beach one finds the sauna and steam bath facility, as well as the massage parlour.
Room service runs around the clock and bungalow guests can except full service on the garden table next to their seawater swimming pool.
More information for this hotel
Developed on 30,000 m2 of gently sloping land with a private coastline of 300 metres, the Elounda Mare is located 70 km to the east of Iraklion International Airport (a pleasant one hour drive). The town of Aghios Nikolaos and the small village of Elounda are at a distance of 7 km and 2 km away respectively.
Rooms equipped with:
- Satellite television with music channel
- Direct-dial telephone, high speed internet connection
- Luxurious marble bathrooms with Airbath® tubs, audio sound, hairdryer, telephone, towel heaters,
- Make-up/shaving mirrors
- Most bathrooms have an additional walk-in shower
- Electronic safety deposit box
All rooms and suites in the main building face the sea and have a balcony or terrace. The bungalows, which also face the sea, include a private seawater swimming pool that can be heated during spring and autumn.
All accommodations in the main building offer wonderful sea views and are divided into three main categories:
- “ROOM”: One bedroom with en-suite marble bathroom and balcony or terrace.
- “ SUITE”: Separate bedroom and sitting room, with en-suite marble bathroom and balcony.
- “SUPERIOR SUITE”: Larger and more luxurious than a normal suite, enjoying the same facilities.
24 twin/double rooms with balcony or terrace (indoor space 30-35m2) up to 2 adults + 1 child 9 one-bedroom suites with balcony (indoor space 42m2) up to 3 adults 2 one-bedroom superior suites with balcony (indoor space 50-70m2) up to 3 adults 1 two-bedroom superior suite with balcony (indoor space 75m2) up to 5 adults 1 two-bedroom superior suite with private pool (indoor space 80m2) up to 5 adults
- 10 deluxe bungalows with small garden/sun terrace and private pool, indoor space 30-45m2, up to 2 adults + 1 child
- 10 superior bungalows with small garden/sun terrace and private pool,(ndoor space 35-55m2, up to 3 adults + 1 child10
- 6 bungalow suites with 2 bedrooms, small garden/sun terrace and private pool, indoor space 80-110m2, up to 5 adults
- 1 bungalow suite with 3 bedrooms, small garden/sun terrace and private pool, indoor space 110m², up to 7 adults
- 7 presidential 1- or 2-bedroom suites with small garden/sun terrace and private pool, indoor space 65-140m2
Bungalows are divided into the following categories:
A. Bungalows Private Heated Swimming Pool - Front Sea View
- “Deluxe”: Either one spacious room with sitting area or separate sitting room. En-suite marble bathroom, open fireplace as well as a furnished private small garden/sun terrace and private sea water swimming pool.
- "Superior": Similar to the “Deluxe” yet better located, offering much privacy and wonderful view to the sea.
- "Two- Or Three- Bedroom Suites: Each bedroom has its own en-suite bathroom. Open fireplace, private furnished small garden/sun terrace and private seawater swimming pool. Some have two floors (maisonette). Each of these charming suites has been individually designed and decorated with antiques.
B. Presidential Suites Private Heated swimming Pool - Front Sea View
Uniquely designed suites with one or two bedrooms (each with its own en-suite marble bathroom), spacious living room, open fireplace, private furnished garden/sun terrace. They are located on the front row near the sea, offering unobstructed views of the Aegean Sea and the ever-changing pale colours of the distant Sitia Mountains. All have a private seawater swimming pool. The sun terrace and the pool are much larger in Princess Ariadni Suite and King Minos Suite, the latter offering its own fitness facilities as well as a sauna and Turkish marble steam room.
All accommodation types have air-conditioning/heating (individual units in all bungalows), direct dial telephone, satellite television with music channel, DVD/CD player, mini bar, electronic safe deposit box, hair-dryer, scales, bathrobes and slippers. All rooms, main-building suites and most bungalows are equipped with air-bath tubs and most have a separate shower. All bungalows are equipped with a sunshade and deck chairs.
All guests enjoy an "elounda mare welcome gift" and "hospitality surprise courtesies" during their stay
- Access to Rooms: One guest elevator for the upper floors and stairs leading to all floors
- Chapel: Greek Orthodox, on hotel premises (St. Marina's square)
- Check-in 14:00
- Check-out 12:00 Noon
- Currency Exchange Available at the Front Desk
- Golf for Hotel residents only: Private 9-hole, par-3 course with Pro Shop and English-speaking resident PGA pro at sister establishment porto elounda De Luxe Resort, at 500m distance
- Laundry & Dry Cleaning: Same day or next day delivery except Sundays and Public Holidays
- Leisure: Heated seawater swimming pool and children's paddling pool. Private sandy beach with sunshades, deck chairs and beach service. Table tennis, two tennis courts (tuition on site)
- Valet parking
- Room Service 24 hours
- Sea Sports: SCUBA diving, yacht charter, windsurfing, sailing, water-skiing and various other sea sports
- Shopping: At Santa Marina Square by the beach and the “Yacht Club”, one will find the Chapel, an Art Gallery, a Souvenir Shop and Boutiques. Close to the “Old Mill” restaurant, there is a jewellery shop and newsstand.
- Voltage 220V / 50Hz
- Wellness: Six Senses Spas™ treatments and a state of the art 2.200m² Six Senses Spa™ at porto elounda DE LUXE RESORT, with thalassotherapy pool and thermal suite.
- Gymnasium, sauna and steambath available on premises
In the main building, the lounges are elegantly furnished and decorated with antiques throughout. There is also a television room, an Internet corner and a lounge for playing card games.
A large heated seawater swimming pool with a paddling pool for children lies in front of the main hotel. There are extended lawns and seaside sundecks along the shore where sunshades and deck chairs are provided free of charge for sunbathing. By the sandy beach, Sea Sports include water-skiing and SCUBA diving tuition. There are also canoes, pedaloes and windsurfing equipment, as well as a sailing yacht and a motorboat for charter.
Sports also include two artificial grass tennis courts with tuition available, a fitness room and table tennis. At our sister property porto elounda De Luxe Resort, only 500 m away, there is a nine-hole par-3 Golf Course with Golf Academy and Pro shop.
Room service is available 24 hours a day, offering a wide selection of food and beverages, served with courtesy and efficiency.
Please note that the operation of the outdoor restaurants during low season is subject to weather conditions.
Food & Beverages
Restaurants "Deck" Breakfast buffet and five course table d'hôte dinner as well as à la carte dinner "Yacht Club" A la carte lunch and dinner "Old Mill" Drinks & light meals during the day. Fine dining à la carte restaurant
Elegant attire in all restaurants (no swimming suits; no shorts or T-shirts in the evening)
Bar The Karavia Bar is situated in the main hotel, with magnificent views over the Mirabello Bay and Sitia Mountains, is enlivened with soft piano music in the early evening.
Breakfast: A rich buffet and freshly prepared dishes are served at the ”Deck” restaurant in the main hotel. Room service is also available.
Lunch: Served daily at the “Yacht Club” restaurant by the sea. Dress code is casual, but swimming attire is not welcome. Refreshments and afternoon tea are also served at the “Old Mill” restaurant near the swimming pool.
Dinner: A five-course table d’hôte menu is served daily at the “Deck” restaurant in the main hotel. An à la carte menu with local and international specialties is also available. On alternate evenings, à la carte dining is available at the renowned “Yacht Club”, serving seafood specialities, whilst the awarded fine dining “Old Mill” restaurant specialises in Mediterranean cuisine. A special theme event, The Fisherman’s Eve, takes place weekly at the “Yacht Club”. Elegant attire is expected in all restaurants. Guests are advised that T-shirts or short trousers should not be worn in the restaurants for dinner.
Check-in / Check-out Policy
Check-in: from 14:00 h
Check-out: until 12:00 h