Altana Suites is a genuine Santorinian Mansion, owned previously by a prominent family of captains and ship-owners.
Its restoration, conducted exactly upon the original structure, gracefully transformed Altana into a boutique hotel that offers the ultimate, authentic experience of Santorini.
With the building's originality untouched, the 5 apartments and 4 suites at Altana epitomize the essence of living in an original antique residence on the edge of the volcanic cliff.
All studios, apartments and suites offer an unparalleled bird's eye view experience of the Caldera and the Aegean Sea beyond from their spacious verandas.
A cosy, small apartment, traditionally decorated in the characteristic Santorinian architectural style, with a luxurious touch. A uniform space consisting of a single area double bedroom with original sitting furniture or built sofa. For two.
A traditionally decorated two-space apartment, characteristic of the Santorinian architectural style. Consists of a double bedroom and separate sitting area or small lounge. Contains fully equipped open plan kitchenette with traditional features such as handcrafted marble basins etc. Reformed from a building of 1883. Can accommodate three people.
A two-space apartment in two levels, with modern features blended with the original architecture dating back to the 1800’s.Consists of a double bedroom with open plan bathroom in a romantic arrangement, containing a Jacuzzi bathtub, separate sitting lounge, and a fully equipped kitchenette. Ideal for couples.
Junior Cavehouse Suite
Our larger two-space cavernous apartment, restored from an original two century old traditional cave-house. Consists of a double bedroom and separate sitting lounge. Also contains an open plan kitchenette with traditional features such as handcrafted marble basins etc. Reformed from a building of 1834. Comfortably accommodates 3 people.
Superior Cavehouse Suite
A large, authentic cavernous apartment, representative of the Santorinian architectural style, it was restored back to its original state from a building of 1834. Consists of two double bedrooms, two bathrooms (one of which is en-suite), and a large sitting and dinning lounge. Also contains fully equipped open plan kitchenette with traditional features. Comfortably accommodates 5 persons. Can accommodate 6 people with the use of a sofa bed.
A simply luxurious, large apartment, decorated in the characteristic, traditional Santorinian architectural style. This three-spaced suite consists of one cavernous double bedroom and a spacious, airy lounge in two generous open levels.
Bathroom contains a handcrafted, tiled bath with Jacuzzi massage jets. Also contains fully equipped open plan kitchenette with traditional features. Can comfortably house three people.
A cosy and romantic, simply luxurious apartment, decorated in the characteristic, traditional Santorinian architectural style. A uniform space in two levels consisting of a double bed and lounge area. This suite contains an indoor private Jacuzzi pool with majestic views of the whole island and the Aegean. Also contains a private balcony in addition to its veranda. Strictly for two.
Superior Cave House Suite (Outdoor dip pool)
A large, original cave, authentic to the Santorinian architectural style. It was restored back to its original state from a building of 1834. Consists of a spacious double bedroom, two bathrooms (one of which is en-suite), a large sitting lounge and an open plan kitchenette with tea and coffee making facilities. This Cave Suite offers a private outdoor dip pool with beautiful views of the Caldera. Accommodates up to four persons.
Superior Cave Villa
Our largest Cave House is a restored wine cellar dating back to the 19th century. This cave-style villa comprises of two connecting original caves offering two completely separate bedrooms, three bathrooms (two of which are en-suite), a comfortable living room with sitting and dinning lounge. Also contains an open plan fully equipped kitchen with modern features. The architectural arrangement of the cave villa allows for maximum privacy with private entrances to each cave. A spacious, multileveled terrace overlooks the dramatic Santorini Cliffside with views over the Volcano, the Caldera and the traditional settlement of Imerovigli. Can comfortably accommodate up to five people.
A cosy, studio offering fabulous views to the caldera from both indoors and from its private veranda, at the top of the Villa property. This is a small romantic apartment, characteristic of the Santorinian architectural style. A uniform space, consisting of a single area double bedroom, with original cavernous built sofa. For two persons.
A unique feature of Altana, is our philosophy of personal hospitality. This philosophy also entails a special approach to some of travel’s most intriguing aspects: FOOD, WINE and LOCAL DELICACIES! Food and beverages at Altana are all prepared and served with natural detoxification and well-being in mind. Our ingredients are organically grown by us at the Altana farm specifically to be used in preparation of a multitude of options for our guest’s enjoyment.At Altana, you will discover some of the finest organic produce the volcanic Santorinian land has to offer, in mouthwatering culinary creations and imaginative drinks.Encounter a creative food and drink experience deeply rooted in history and traditional methods, which has been often rated as one of the finest in all of Greece.
- Breakfast is served from 8:30 – 12:00. No rush for breakfast!
- Breakfast is served at our cave-house “Cafeneon”.
- Our buffet is continental and features:
‘Local Flavors’ Degustation Experience
- Trust us to create a small presentation of special bites representative of the flavors of Santorini and the Cycladic region with ingredients carefully selected from the Aegean islands.
Cooking Lessons / Demonstration
- Arrange with us an introductive session into the preparation of local and regional recipes. We’ll have the opportunity to make use of the available fresh produce to create dips, tapenades and other gastronomical creations!
The Altana Private Candle-lit Dinner Experience
- Experience our famous and commended custom 5 course dinner served on your veranda. One of the most magical views of the world will be your background as you discover a cosmopolitan journey of flavors. Our recipes are rooted in local cuisine, prepared with fresh organic produce from the Altana farm, picked on the day, and the finest ingredients collected from some of the best producers from all around Greece.
- Our dinner experience is a custom service that we deliver to one special couple or group at a time. Please make sure to reach us in good time so that we may book & provide this service at a time of your preference!
- Do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to receive more details regarding the menu or require a customization of your dinner experience.
‘Cafeneon’ is the ideal space for relaxation, conversation and your spot for exquisite drinks and wine!
Santorini has become increasingly famous for its top quality production of Wine.
An abundant variety of different indigenous grapes and methods connected to a thousand year old wine-making history have now led to an internationally celebrated acknowledgement of one of the ancient vineyards of the world.
Our café – bar will become your ‘wine hub’ on the island.
- Treat yourselves to our extravagant wine tasting sessions and explore the inspired creations of some of the finest local wine-makers.
Cocktails & Drinks
- Enjoy cocktails like never before at the Altana ‘KAFENEION’ Bar, the pool or on your veranda while enjoying the miraculous view. Don’t forget to try our signature cocktails!
- Trust our large collection of international, premium & vintage labels of finest Rums, Vodkas, Whiskey and other drinks.
- Try special Greek alcoholic beverages and discover the history and flavors of unique distillations.